LATEST EVENT : On the Saturday 2nd of April we have a visit from the Sussex and Kent Weald Stationary Engine Group who will be displaying some of their restored and working engines. Admission is Free from 11 to 3.
Built in 1929, the Old Brook Pumping Station in Solomons Road, Chatham has been open as a museum since the early 80's. Originally called the Brook Low Level Pumping Station, the Preserved Station now serves a dual role as an interesting public utility and to house a collection of exhibits relating to the industrial history of the Medway Towns and its surrounding area.
The station is owned by Medway Council and maintained and managed since its opening to the public by the Medway Industrial Archaeology Group (MIAG). We are a voluntary group and are always on the lookout for new members to join us.